ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Use of XML Catalog with Ant (xslt task) - request for example
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:27:27 GMT
Good Morning Mr Kerry

add this as a feature request

https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/createaccount.cgi

Martin Gainty
Please do not alter or disrupt this communication...Thank You

> From: richard.kerry@atos.net
> To: user@ant.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Use of XML Catalog with Ant (xslt task) - request for example
> Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 13:28:47 +0000
>

> "you want the catalog to resolve the stylesheet itself - I'm afraid this is not supported."
>
> "it does not use the catalog when locating the documents to transform or the stylesheet
itself."

> Thank you, that's what I wanted to know. I couldn't see it stated categorically in the
docs.

> I shall stop trying this approach and arrange to get the stylesheet passed in as a file-name.
>

> Can I add this as a feature request ?
>

> Saxon is able to do this, but it is run as a Java application so is able to do anything
a Java app can do, in whatever way it wants to.

> Enquiring on either the Xsl or DocBook list indicated that although Ant's xslt task can
take a classpath parameter it is not possible to get it to use Saxon due to some other limitations
within one or the other.

> Regards,
>
> Richard.
>

> Richard Kerry
> BNCS Engineer, SI SOL Telco & Media Vertical Practice
> T: +44 (0)20 82259063
> M: +44 (0)7812 325518
> G300, Stadium House, Wood Lane, London, W12 7TA
> richard.kerry@atos.net<https://webmail.siemens-it-solutions.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=9fb20d019e3e4cb99344d708709a3177&URL=mailto%3arichard.kerry%40atos.net>
>
> This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee;
and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability
cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a
computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free
and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitte