ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Use of XML Catalog with Ant (xslt task) - request for example
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 13:37:28 GMT
Mssr Kerry

As the vast majority of Ant Developers came from C++ backgrounds (usually writing JNI code...)

be assured each implemented taskdef goes thru a rigorous cycle of:
1)Does Ant Task Work on all JDKs?

2)Does Ant Task work with all Windows platforms?

3)Does Ant Task work on all variations of Unix?

4)Are there Sufficient Positive testcases coded and executed with satisfactory results (will
work)?
5)Are there Sufficient negative testcases coded and executed with satisfactory results (wont
work)?

6)The last step..usually done as last step at midnite after a 12 hour day..documentation

Unless there is a JNI Library (which would have to be located on path in order for the Java
xslt task to execute)
all other xslt Java classes/jars would need to be located on $CLASSPATH

(I myself am currently working on the flex component compiler compc and found some things
that were undoc'ed!)

Will file a JIRA correcting $PATH to $CLASSPATH

Thanks for keeping us on our toes!
Martin Gainty

"Popularity is the one insult I have never suffered."...Oscar Wilde

> From: richard.kerry@atos.net
> To: user@ant.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Use of XML Catalog with Ant (xslt task) - request for example
> Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:34:20 +0000
>

> "PATH is for shell scripts to locate binaries (C++ programs)"
>

> Yep, got that.
>
> My uncertainty is because the Ant docs use "path" and "classpath" in consecutive sentences
- I think one of them is wrong.

> (in http://ant.apache.org/manual/Types/xmlcatalog.html)
>
> "the xml-commons resolver library ("resolver.jar") must be in your path" vs "If the xml-commons
resolver library is not found in the classpath"

> I'm assuming it should be classpath but given the lack of workingness I'd like to be
absolutely sure.

> "CLASSPATH is for java classes (.jar)"
>

> Up to now I haven't had a CLASSPATH environment variable. I don't use Java much but I'm
sure I've read that CLASSPATH as an environment variable is deprecated and -cp should be used.
If this is so then (at least in the long term) I'd rather not have CLASSPATH as an environment
variable, though for the moment it's ok in order to get anything working.

> The <xslt> target has its own @classpath attribute, which the docs describe as
"the classpath to use when looking up the XSLT processor". Is it strictly for that purpose
or should I include the location of resolver.jar here ?

> Should I use <path id="classpath"> in Ant's config file to set up a classpath for
use by Ant ?

> The docs refer to "resolver.jar" which is the name of the resolver under xml-commons-resolver-1.2.
Under apache-ant-1.8.4/lib I find "ant-apache-resolver.jar".

> I note that Martin's response refers to this latter name. Which one is right ?
>

> Whatever I've tried I've got "Apache resolver library not found, internal resolver will
be used" in my debug output.

> "lets get this working before moving onto step 2"
>
> Absolutely !
>

> Appreciatively,
>
> Richard.
>

> Richard Kerry
> BNCS Engineer, SI SOL Telco & Media Vertical Practice
> T: +44 (0)20 82259063
> M: +44 (0)7812 325518
> G300, Stadium House, Wood Lane, London, W12 7TA
> richard.kerry@atos.net<https://webmail.siemens-it-solutions.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=9fb20d019e3e4cb99344d708709a3177&URL=mailto%3arichard.kerry%40atos.net>
>
> This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee;
and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability
cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a
computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free
and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitte