ant-user mailing list archives

From WebServices Development <WebServices_Developm...@csx.com>
Subject RE: Need help with ANT javac classpath
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 14:19:47 GMT
I think I may not have articulated my problem correctly.

I am using WAS 8.5 JDK 1.7 set-up as general build set-up for my ANT, but for this particular
application, it uses separate JAXB1.0 jars on JAXB 1.0 generated classes.  It includes 4 jaxb
jars in the web-inf/lib - so I basically need to go back to 1.0 version in my javac step for
the application.

So, if I use the endorsed jvm property for a backward version, will it work and do I have
copy just the jaxb-api.jar to that directory?  The web-inf/lib contains jaxb-api.jar, jaxb-impl.jar,
jaxb-xjc.jar and jaxb-libs.jar and some other jars used by the application.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 5:39 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Need help with ANT javac classpath

> From: WebServices_Development@csx.com
> To: user@ant.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Need help with ANT javac classpath
> Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 16:06:55 +0000
>
> Thanks.
>
> This is a common build script that we have, so I didn't add fork for the javac task -
as it would affect other builds as well, that use the latest java version and follow the default
build.

> If it is not possible at all to incorporate something in the common build, I will take
a look at separating this one out, but want to avoid it, if I can.

> I had looked at the endorsed directory, but I got the impression that it is to be used
when you want to use a later version, not earlier. Is that not true?   Also, if I can use
it for earlier version, can I use the JAXB jars from the WEB-INF/lib directory for the path
for - Djava.endorsed.dirs=/relative-path-to/WEB-INF/lib?   Would other jars in that location
cause any issues for endorsed directory?

MG>as stated earlier which JAXB jar is loaded depends on which
MG>classloader is in use obviously when your container loads servlets
MG>./WEB-INF/lib should take precendence in CLASSPATH Dominiques link to Glassfish has
the best solution:
MG>https://jaxb.java.net/guide/Migrating_JAXB_2_0_applications_to_JavaSE_6.html#Using_JAXB_2_1_or_JAXB_2_2_with_JavaSE_6

MG>to resolve correct version of JAXB either:

					Place the 2.1/2.2 jaxb-api.jar into $JRE_HOME/lib/endorsed.
 This essentially makes your JRE to "JRE 6 + JAXB 2.x". This won't affect any other applications
                                        that use this JRE, and it's easy. On the other hand,
in various scenarios you may not be able to alter the JRE.

					Use the system property java.endorsed.dirs when you launch your application, and have
it point to the directory that contains
                                        the 2.1/2.2 jaxb-api.jar. This allows you use use
JAXB 2.1/2.2 without modifying the JRE. Make sure not to include any other JAXB RI jar files
                                        (such as jsr173-api.jar or jaxb-impl.jar.)

					Implement a custom ClassLoader and block delegation to javax.xml.bind package, so that
code running inside this class loader will load the JAXB API
                                        from elsewhere. This is a very advanced approach.