ant-user mailing list archives

From SimonBate <sb...@scriptorium.com>
Subject Nice to meet you in Sacramento
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 19:44:11 GMT
Excuse me if this has been answered or documented elsewhere, I've been searching
for the past couple of hours and have found very little on this issue.

I have a project that uses the native2ascii task, that works fine on a machine
with JRE 6 (1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609).

However, when trying to run the same project under JRE 7 (1.7.0_67-b01), it
fails with the Java message "Error starting Sun's native2ascii."

Eventually I was able to fix this issue by copying tools.jar from a JDK into the
lib file of my JRE.

I'm surprised to have to go to such lengths to fix this issue. I'm also
surprised there's not more documentation in the native2ascii task in the Ant
manual pointing out this problem.

Is there a more elegant solution out there than copying tools.jar? (I'm using
Apache Ant under the DITA Open Toolkit; most DITA OT users just use the JRE.)

Thanks for any help or suggestions,
Simon

Simon F. Bate
Senior Technical Consultant, Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.
sbate@scriptorium.com <mailto:sbate@scriptorium.com>
phone: 919.433.2606
twitter: @
It was nice to meet you in Sacramento at the STC Summit.

Please keep Scriptorium in mind if you ever have work that involves content
strategy, massive document conversions, scripting, or template design.

Here are some upcoming Scriptorium webcasts you might find interesting:

     * Demystifying DITA to PDF publishing (Hosted by Adobe) June 23
     * DITA OT Essentials (reprising my presentation at the STC Summit) July 26
     * Localization and the DITA OT September 14

Sincerely,
Simon
Simon F. Bate,
Sr. Technical Consultant, Certified Technical Trainer
Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.
919.459.5363
@simonbatesimonbate