ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dennis Putnam <d...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Including Maven Dependencies in Build
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2018 16:20:29 GMT
> On 12/7/2018 12:10 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>> Hello Dennis,
>>
>>
>> On 07/12/18 1:15 AM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
>>>         <artifact:dependencies filesetid="maven-dependencies">
>>>
>> I don't see this fileset being used in the rest of the target(s) which
>> generate your jar file. Maybe you missed using it to copy over the
>> dependency files? Take a look at section "Using FileSets and the Version
>> Mapper" of http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/examples/dependencies.html
>> for an example on how you could use it.
>>
>> -Jaikiran
> Hi Jaikiran,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I thought it must have been some thing like that.
> After reading your link and as a maven noob and not much better with
> ant, I see I have to copy those dependencies. But it is not clear where
> they need to be copied to. The example shows "lib" but I don't see how
> javac knows to look there unless it is by default. My build directory is
> a local git repository so the structure is "bin" and "src" in that
> directory. There is no "lib" at the present time. That is also were I
> have the build xml file for ant along with some files for obtaining some
> information during the ant build. The output file for the jar is in a
> directory in "/tmp" which is later copied to its final location.
Although no one was able to ultimately help me with this problem I did
finally get it to work. It took a lot of digging and trying a lot of
different suggested solutions before I found one that actually worked.
To close out this thread for the archives, here is what I discovered:

It seems that 'ant' is not able to figure out how to handle the maven
remote repositories or maven jar files, at least in any of the solutions
I tried. I finally found that if I downloaded the maven jars manually
and put them in the normal maven library (.m2/repository) I could then
use the zipfileset directives to get them included. Although the library
itself is really arbitrary. Here is my final build xml file, the bolded
text is all I needed to change:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="KCBSEvents" default="jar" basedir=".">
    <property name="build.properties" value="build.properties"/>
    <property name="resources" value="resource" />
    <property name="jardir" value="KCBSEvents" />
    <property name="KCBSDir" value="src/KCBSEvents" />
    <property name="member.number" value="000000" />
    <property name="member.name" value="" />
    <target name="checkOS">
        <condition property="isWindows">
            <os family="windows" />
        </condition>
        <condition property="isLinux">
            <os family="unix" />
        </condition>
    </target>
    <target name="if_windows" depends="checkOS" if="isWindows">
        <property name="jarfile" value="C:\temp\KCBSEvents.jar" />
        <property name="antcontrib" value="H:\html\Applets\ant-contrib" />
    </target>
    <target name="if_linux" depends="checkOS" if="isLinux">
        <property name="jarfile"
value="/tmp/${member.number}/KCBSEvents.jar" />
        <property name="antcontrib"
value="/var/www/html/Applets/ant-contrib/ant-contrib-1.0b3.jar" />
    </target>
    <target name="setclass" depends="if_linux,if_windows">
        <taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties">
            <classpath>
                <pathelement location="${antcontrib}" />
            </classpath>
        </taskdef>
    </target>
    <target name="incserial" depends="setclass">
        <copy todir="bin/${jardir}/${resources}">
            <fileset dir="${KCBSDir}/${resources}">
                <include name="${build.properties}" />
            </fileset>
            <filterchain>
                <expandproperties />
            </filterchain>
        </copy>
        <if> <isset Property="build.number" /> <then>
            <echo message="update build requested" />
        </then> <else>
            <echo message="new build requested" />
            <buildnumber />
        </else> </if>
        <propertyfile file="bin/${jardir}/${resources}/${build.properties}">
            <entry key="serialnumber" value="${build.number}" />
            <entry key="membernumber" value="${member.number}" />
            <entry key="name" value="${member.name}" />
        </propertyfile>
        <echo message="serial number: ${build.number}" />
    </target>
    <target name="jar" description="Compile serialized jar"
depends="incserial,if_windows,if_linux">
        <echo message="Using destination file ${jarfile}" />
        <javac srcdir="src" destdir="bin" includeantruntime="false" />
        <jar destfile="${jarfile}" basedir="bin"
*filesetmanifest="mergewithoutmain"*>
            <manifest>
                <attribute name="Manifest-Version" value="1.0"/>
                <attribute name="Created-By" value="ant 1.9.2 on CentOS
7" />
                <attribute name="Main-Class"
value="KCBSEvents.KCBSEvents" />
            </manifest>
           *<fileset dir="${user.home}/.m2/repository" />**
**            <zipfileset excludes="META-INF/*.SF"
src="${user.home}/.m2/repository/commons-io/2.5/commons-io-2.5.jar"/>**
**            <zipfileset excludes="META-INF/*.SF"
src="${user.home}/.m2/repository/httpcomponents-client/httpclient-4.5.6.jar"/>**
**            <zipfileset excludes="META-INF/*.SF"
src="${user.home}/.m2/repository/httpcomponents-client/httpcore-4.4.10.jar"/>**
**            <zipfileset excludes="META-INF/*.SF"
src="${user.home}/.m2/repository/commons-logging/1.2/commons-logging-1.2.jar"/>**
**            <zipfileset excludes="META-INF/*.SF"
src="${user.home}/.m2/repository/commons-codec/1.10/commons-codec-1.10.jar"/>*
        </jar> 
    </target>
</project>
Mime
View raw message