ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dennis Putnam <>
Subject Re: Including Maven Dependencies in Build
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2018 15:12:21 GMT
On 12/7/2018 3:14 PM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
> On 12/7/2018 12:10 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>> Hello Dennis,
>> On 07/12/18 1:15 AM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
>>>         <artifact:dependencies filesetid="maven-dependencies">
>> I don't see this fileset being used in the rest of the target(s) which
>> generate your jar file. Maybe you missed using it to copy over the
>> dependency files? Take a look at section "Using FileSets and the Version
>> Mapper" of
>> for an example on how you could use it.
>> -Jaikiran
> Hi Jaikiran,
> Thanks for the reply. I thought it must have been some thing like that.
> After reading your link and as a maven noob and not much better with
> ant, I see I have to copy those dependencies. But it is not clear where
> they need to be copied to. The example shows "lib" but I don't see how
> javac knows to look there unless it is by default. My build directory is
> a local git repository so the structure is "bin" and "src" in that
> directory. There is no "lib" at the present time. That is also were I
> have the build xml file for ant along with some files for obtaining some
> information during the ant build. The output file for the jar is in a
> directory in "/tmp" which is later copied to its final location.

I found another article that suggested adding a classpath. I did notice
that "compile.classpath" in my original xml was not set. I created a new
"build.classpath" and added a "lib" directory to my build directory.
Although I am getting the same results perhaps I am a bit closer, at
least it makes logical sense to me now. Here is my latest xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="KCBSEvents" default="jar" basedir="."
        <property name="" value=""/>
        <property name="resources" value="resource" />
        <property name="jardir" value="KCBSEvents" />
        <property name="KCBSDir" value="src/KCBSEvents" />
        <property name="member.number" value="000000" />
        <property name="" value="" />
        <path id="maven-ant-tasks.classpath"
path="lib/maven-ant-tasks-2.1.3.jar" />
        <typedef resource="org/apache/maven/artifact/ant/antlib.xml"
               classpathref="maven-ant-tasks.classpath" />
        <target name="mvn-init">
                <echo message="Loading maven dependencies" />
                <artifact:dependencies filesetid="maven-dependencies">
                        <dependency groupId="org.apache.httpcomponents"
artifactId="httpclient" version="4.5.6" />
                        <dependency groupId="commons-io"
artifactId="commons-io" version="2.5" />
                <copy todir="lib">
                        <fileset refid="maven-dependencies" />
                        <mapper type="flatten" />
        <target name="checkOS">
                <condition property="isWindows">
                        <os family="windows" />
                <condition property="isLinux">
                        <os family="unix" />
        <target name="if_windows" depends="checkOS" if="isWindows">
                <property name="jarfile" value="C:\temp\KCBSEvents.jar"
                <property name="antcontrib"
value="H:\html\Applets\ant-contrib" />
        <target name="if_linux" depends="checkOS" if="isLinux">
                <property name="jarfile"
value="/tmp/${member.number}/KCBSEvents.jar" />
                <property name="antcontrib"
value="/var/www/html/Applets/ant-contrib/ant-contrib-1.0b3.jar" />
        <target name="setclass" depends="if_linux,if_windows">
                <taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/">
                                <pathelement location="${antcontrib}"
        <target name="incserial" depends="setclass">
                <copy todir="bin/${jardir}/${resources}">
                        <fileset dir="${KCBSDir}/${resources}">
                                <include name="${}"
                                <expandproperties />
                <if> <isset Property="build.number" /> <then>
                        <echo message="update build requested" />
                </then> <else>
                        <echo message="new build requested" />
                        <buildnumber />
                </else> </if>
                        <entry key="serialnumber" value="${build.number}"
                        <entry key="membernumber"
value="${member.number}" />
                        <entry key="name" value="${}"
                <echo message="serial number: ${build.number}" />
        <path id="build.classpath">
                <pathelement location="lib" />
                <pathelement location="bin" />
        <target name="jar" description="Compile serialized jar"
                <echo message="Using destination file ${jarfile}" />
                <javac srcdir="src" destdir="bin"
classpathref="build.classpath" includeantruntime="false" />
                <jar destfile="${jarfile}" basedir="bin">
                                <attribute name="Manifest-Version"
                                <attribute name="Created-By"
value="1.6.0 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)" />
                                <attribute name="Main-Class"
value="KCBSEvents.KCBSEvents" />

Somehow I am still not able to get ant to pull in the maven dependencies.
View raw message