ant-user mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jaiki...@apache.org>
Subject Re: module naming syntax
Date Tue, 14 May 2019 06:25:25 GMT

On 14/05/19 11:48 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2019-05-14, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>
>> I don't expect the module name's front slash to be replaced with a file
>> separator.
> Ant does, I'm pretty sure.
>
> The type of <java>'s modulepath is an Ant Path and as such each entry is
> treated as a file name and the usual file separator suspects are mapped
> to their OS specific versions.

From what I understood of Glenn's mail, I thought he was talking about
the "module" attribute which is a name, unlike the modulepath, which as
you rightly note is a "path". As far as I understand of the java command
line, the -m option which specifies the module[/mainclassname] should be
taken literally without any file separator conversions. So before we
(Ant) pass off that module name to java command, IMO, we shouldn't do
the conversion.

-Jaikiran