ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Fetzer <elstonk...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Issue with sql task accessing MySql
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2019 14:04:07 GMT
 Just to get the solution documented this thread, here's what I did.  This is a winders 7
machine running ant in cygwin.  The ant call:

        <exec executable="c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe">          <arg value="update_build_table.sh"/>
        <arg value="${pk_build}"/>          <arg value="${full.buildnumber}-${build-time}"/>
        <arg value="${result}"/>        </exec>
The bash script:

#!/usr/bin/bash#

ssh myUser@myMachine "mysql -u mySqlUser -pmySqlPassword mySqlDB -e \"CALL sp_setBuildStatus('$1','$2','$3')\""if
[ $? -eq 0 ]then     echo "The build table has been updated with the status $3"else
 echo "Build table was not updated"     exit 1fi

Of course passwordless ssh needs to be established from build machine to mySql machine...
   On Thursday, August 29, 2019, 09:48:01 AM EDT, Eric Fetzer <elstonkers@yahoo.com.INVALID>
wrote:

  Thanks Stefan!  Took the easy path and outsourced the update to a simple bash script that
ssh's to the MySql Server and runs the SProc there.  Thanks for all your help!
    On Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 04:02:17 PM EDT, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>
wrote:

 On 2019-08-28, Eric Fetzer wrote:

>  Is there a way to set that version JUST for this call?

I'm afraid there is no way to run the <sql> task in a different JVM than
the rest of Ant.

Judging from
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-j/8.0/en/connector-j-versions.html
your MySQL Connector requires Java8 as a minimum.

But then again the same page also claims the Connector version 5.1 -
which only requires Java 5 - would work with the latest MySQL server
(except for using certain ciphers in TLS).

By no means am I a MySQL expert.

>    We're building a legacy application here that CANNOT upgrade to a
>  newer version of Java...

Understood.

You could try to move the sql part to a different build file and only
run that in a different JVM (via <exec>, <ant> will not fork a new
VM). Or you could try to build with Java8 and tell all your <javac>
tasks to use the compiler of Java7.

In either case this sounds like quite a bit of work. I'm sorry I haven't
got any better news. Maybe anybody with more MySQL experience than I has
has more ideas.

Stefan