ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue with sql task accessing MySql
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2019 20:02:10 GMT
On 2019-08-28, Eric Fetzer wrote:

>  Is there a way to set that version JUST for this call?

I'm afraid there is no way to run the <sql> task in a different JVM than
the rest of Ant.

Judging from
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-j/8.0/en/connector-j-versions.html
your MySQL Connector requires Java8 as a minimum.

But then again the same page also claims the Connector version 5.1 -
which only requires Java 5 - would work with the latest MySQL server
(except for using certain ciphers in TLS).

By no means am I a MySQL expert.

>    We're building a legacy application here that CANNOT upgrade to a
>  newer version of Java...

Understood.

You could try to move the sql part to a different build file and only
run that in a different JVM (via <exec>, <ant> will not fork a new
VM). Or you could try to build with Java8 and tell all your <javac>
tasks to use the compiler of Java7.

In either case this sounds like quite a bit of work. I'm sorry I haven't
got any better news. Maybe anybody with more MySQL experience than I has
has more ideas.

Stefan