ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Redefining things which aren't properties
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2020 16:44:28 GMT
On 2020-02-15, Christopher Schultz wrote:

> Due to a mistake in a somewhat complicated build file, I discovered
> that pattern sets can be redefined in a way that is fairly surprising
> to this seasoned ant user.

Yes, you references can be re-assigned. I'm not sure whether we have
this documented properly, anywhere, probably not. At least you should
see a warning.

Historically properties became immutable (pre Ant 1.1) by accident and
then we thought this was neat and kept it that way. References OTOH have
never been immutable and I know a few build processes that rely on this
behavior.

Stefan