archive-license mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Review of proposed Apache License, version 2.0
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:59:08 GMT
> A very minor comment: I think the paragraphs need to be rejustified
> before the final release.  (Some of the lines in Section 1 are 77
> columns wide where as the first line of Section 7 is wrapping at less
> than 73 columns.)

They were manually justified in order to make them easier to read,
depending more on the length and substance of the paragraph rather
than a mechanical column number.

The nominal indentation is three spaces on both margins and the
numbering
is presented as if it were an outline, again for ease of reading.
That is simply a personal preference of mine.

> I notice the sample NOTICE file has differing justification between
> notices too, and that the Apache acknowledgement changes from
>
>     This product includes software developed by the
>     Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
>
> in Apache Software License v1.1 to
>
>     This product includes software developed by
>     The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
>     ^
> in Apache License v2.0.  (Note the word "the" has changed to start with
> an upper case letter.)

The legal name of the foundation is "The Apache Software Foundation".

....Roy