archive-license mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject Re: How to use the 2.0 license?
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:17:06 GMT
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Vincent Massol wrote:
> I'd like to move the Jakarta Cactus project to use the new 2.0 Apache
> license. However, on http://www.apache.org/licenses/, there is not
> example on how to use it, say in source code.
>
> Could someone show me what header I need to write in my java source code
> to properly include this license?

The full text of the license must exist somewhere in the distribution.
You'd probably want to call it "LICENSE", for example.  For what to put in
each file, read the bottom of LICENSE-2.0, the section that says,
"APPENDIX: How to apply the Apache License to your work."

It's more than a one-liner, but a lot smaller than including the original
license in every file, as was the preferred option before.

	Brian