archive-license mailing list archives

From Bruce McHaffie <bruce.mchaf...@entrust.com>
Subject Apache license, httpclient, and applets
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:30:40 GMT
Hi, I'd like to use HttpClient (one of the Jakarta commons projects --
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/ ) in an applet as part of a
product feature for the company I work for. The legal department though is
stuck on the provision in the Apache license that says we have to "...give
any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works a copy of this
License".

Since the product is an applet there's no client-side distribution so legal
is not sure how to get the license to the end user. Would you be able to
clarify what measures, if any, are expected to be taken to get the license
document to end users in an applet/browser environment (with no installed
client software)?

Bruce.