aries-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Where are the OSGi EEG specs?
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 08:43:03 GMT
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Bill Stoddard <wgstoddard@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the main issue here is whether the ASF can comply with the T&Cs of
> being a full OSGi Alliance member, specifically the T&Cs around the IP
> policies.  While in theory, the OSGi Alliance might consider a fee waiver, I
> don't expect them to make T&C exceptions for anyone, ASF included.

You could be right. It was quite a long time ago I read the "new"
membership agreement, put in place early 2008 I think it was.

But, AFAIR, the main 'issue' that I saw myself, at that time when my
company was a member, was not in the membership agreement, but the
Statement Of Work (I think it was called), which after signed allowed
you to contribute to an expert group. The SoW regulated a lot of the
IP rights, which may or may not be incompatible with Apache views.
Should dig up the membership agreement and have a look, I guess...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er