aries-dev mailing list archives

From Alasdair Nottingham <alasdair.notting...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mbeans for Blueprint
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:38:38 GMT
Hi,

I haven't had a chance to look at the code, but based on the email
archive I agree with using the openmbean open type capabilities.

I know this is different from the approach you are taking, but I would
have a single MBean for each BlueprintContainer service instance. This
MBean should allow the metadata to be queried. This way we can update
the the JMXAgent being created under ARIES-29 to register the MBeans
when a BlueprintContainer is registered.

There is a discussion on geronimo mailing list about tracking the
events. I am not sure why you need to do this, and I'm not sure why an
EventAdmin MBean would be needed for this. If you register a
BlueprintListener the blueprint container is required to replay the
last event for each bundle. This would only get the last event, but if
that is a failed event then that is useful for debug.

I assume geronimo will be using the blueprint implementation in aries,
perhaps we can look at providing some form of API for an MBean to use
to get more useful debug information.

Alasdair

--
Alasdair Nottingham