aries-dev mailing list archives

From Rex Wang <rwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Mbeans for Blueprint
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 06:22:21 GMT
Hi, Dear Aries Devs,
I am Rex from Geronimo Community. Currently, we are working on defining a
couple of MBeans to track Blueprint bundles. You know, in RFC-139 there is
no such contents designed for that, but blueprint is a really important
component in osgi framework, and we need leverage such MBeans for remote
management in future geronimo. We also did a quick look on karaf and spring
dm, but not find them using mbeans to manage the state of blueprint. So I
hope the works we are doing are helpful as a complement of RFC-139.
Jarek and Guillaume remind me Aries project is a more appropriate place to
host such MBeans, so I would like to raise such discussion here and
contribute our jobs to Aries if it is welcome :-)
I put our jobs to my sandbox in Geronimo svn temporarily:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/rex/org.apache.geronimo.blueprint.jmx
That is the current definition of the blueprint MBeans, and we try keep the
code style consistent with other services in RFC-139. There are also some
initial discussions in geronimo, so if you are interesting on the topics,
please search the archive of geronimo mailing list. We have started the
implement work, but I think before we go farther on the road, the comments
from your guys is really important to us. Thanks in advance.

Best regards!
-Rex