aries-dev mailing list archives

From Alasdair Nottingham <...@apache.org>
Subject Website navigation
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:45:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure of the right solution, but I do not like the current
simplified navigation for the website. For me it feels more cumbersome
when navigating around the site. It has added an extra level of
indirection, and an extra mouse button click between the front page
and the content. However I agree what we had before wasn't very good
either. So I'm wondering if we could do something like:

1. Do something like the service mix website where the children of the
top level headers are bunched up together more closely. I think we
should be able to do this by updating the sites CSS.
2. Perhaps we could use a mouse over to expand the sub menu as you
mouse over the heading in the navigation.

I think the first option is probably easier than the second, but I do
think we should look getting the key subpages back into the main
navigation.

What do you think?
Thanks
Alasdair