aries-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r957403 - in /incubator/aries/trunk/application: ./ application-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/application/runtime/itests/ application-obr-resolver/src/main/java/org/apache/aries/application/resolver/obr/
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:11:33 GMT
Alasdair,

I understand that we want the generate a complete deployment.mf but I
do think we should still consider the local repository. Take the
OBRResolverTest.testBlogApp() test as an example. To one of the
bundles I added an import on "org.apache.aries.util" package. The
bundle that provides the package is installed in the testing
framework. Now, the test will fail if the local repository is not
considered during obr resolution. But the application should resolve
and install just fine since the framework already has the dependency
installed. The test could work if I create a OBR repository for the
util bundle and register that with the OBR... but now I'm just
replicating what OBR does itself automatically.

So, what I think OBRAriesResolver should really do, is use all three
types of repositories (system, local, and user-defined) and configure
the OBR resolver somehow to include local resources in the resolved
set (instead of pruning them out).

WDYT?

Jarek