aries-dev mailing list archives

From zoe slattery <zoe.slatt...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Website navigation
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 11:47:17 GMT
Hi Graham
> Hi Zoe, I've just given it a go on IE, Firefox and Chrome.  On IE and
> Chrome, the menus appeared expanded when I loaded, but a reload made
> them disappear.
I think that's expected, you will need to refresh the first time.
>  They then did not expand on IE, so I think it's
> broken on IE (but no worse than previously).

That's problematic. Searching finds this:

"IE/Win only allows the :hover pseudo-class to be applied to a link — so
the li:hover that makes the sub-menus appear means nothing to IE"

The same article has some Javascript to work around the issue, a version
of this could be added to space.js. However, I don't have (MS don't
supply) a current version of IE for the Mac and so I have no way to test
it. I wouldn't know where to begin setting up a test website on Windows
either, ....any volunteers to fix for IE?
> One other observation is the submenu font is quite small.  Would it be
> possible to make it a bit larger, and perhaps reduce the gaps between
> the menu items?

I can change the font easily - I'll look for ways to change line
spacing, shouldn't be hard :-)

Zoe