aries-dev mailing list archives

From Lin Sun <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JNDI and proxying
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 21:23:42 GMT
I think blueprint interceptor also creates proxy for bean component.
They are in AsmInterceptorWrapper.createProxyObject() or
CgLibInterceptorWrapper.createProxyObject(), called from
BeanRecipe.addInterceptors().

Lin

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 5:54 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Secondly, I recall rumors that the blueprint implementation can make proxies
to classes using asm or cglib.  Would there be problems using that sort of code here in jndi
so classes can actually be proxied?  Anyone have a pointer to where the blueprint proxy code
is?

>> It does, but I can't point you at where, someone else will be able to I'm sure.
>
> See https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/trunk/blueprint/blueprint-core/src/main/java/org/apache/aries/blueprint/container/AbstractServiceReferenceRecipe.java
>
> At the bottom of this file, there are two classes, CgLibProxyFactory
> and JdkProxyFactory which do the work.
> The choice between those two factories is done in the getProxyFactory() method.
>

>>> Thirdly,  there are some really badly designed services (javax.mail.Session)
whose implementation class per spec is final but that need to be in an EE jndi context.
Rather than making these totally inaccessible through osgi jndi could we simply return the
service rather than creating a proxy?

>> I'll need to check the what JNDI spec says, and some subsequent discussions on the
EEG mailing list, but I think this would violate the specification. I think the caller would
need to specify that they want proxies disabled, and then they would lose the handling of
the OSGi dynamism, which I do not think is a good idea.