aries-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Charters <gchart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website navigation
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 14:34:39 GMT
On 8 July 2010 14:50, Lin Sun <linsun.unc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Zoe
>
> Apologies if this has been mentioned by others.
>
> - I found if I click on something from the submenu say
> modules--blueprint, then the submenus are not available in the
> blueprint page (http://incubator.apache.org/aries/blueprint.html).
> In other words, the submenu is only avail in the landing page right
> now.
>
> - I found submenu for modules are a bit hard to navigate to, because
> there is a rather larger gap between modules and the submenu box for
> the modules.   It is often that the submenu box disappears while my
> curser is in the gap, unless I move fast enough :)

I think this is the same problem I described as 2 earlier.  If you
move down the submenu with your cursor at a position that overlaps
with the main menu (i.e. the left side of the submenu), then the menu
disappears.  If you're further the right over the page, rather than
the main menu, then it works fine.

> Lin
>
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Graham Charters <gcharters@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Zoe,
>>
>> Looking good.  I have just a few minor comments:
>>
>> 1.  The text wrapping for "pointers to osgi specifications" causes the
>> words to overlap a little.
>> 2.  If you move down the submenu items with the pointer over the main
>> menu, then it switches to the next main menu item (makes navigating
>> short submenu items like jpa very awkward).
>> 3.  If you could get the submenu to play a bleating sound when they
>> come up, that would be so cool ;-)
>>
>> Thanks for doing this.  I think it makes a really good impression when
>> people come to the project.
>>
>> Regards, Graham.

>>> OK - I had another look and changed my mind :-) I've checked in a modified
>>> css.

If it does