aries-dev mailing list archives

From zoe slattery <zoe.slatt...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Question on release process?
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 15:23:05 GMT
Hi Joe

> You shouldn't need to release the parent or eba-maven-plugin if they
> haven't changed.   However, we will need to update the project poms so
> that they are dependent upon the 0.1-incubating version rather than
> the 0.2-incubating version of parent/plugin.
>
> Actually, if we do need want to release only a subset of the projects
> and the parent and/or plugin have changed we may need to release the
> parent/plugin before we can release the individual projects.  I'm not
> sure if the maven release process can handle dependencies being
> concurrently released if they are not all part of the same
> release-prepare.
>
> Can you share the list of projects that have changed?
The list is:

application
blueprint
eba-maven-plugin
jmx
jndi
jpa
samples
transaction
util

...so, in fact everything :-) While I was looking at the source tree I
also noticed that 'quiesce' appears to be a new top level project, if so
I guess that needs to be released too.

> Also, can you share a list of the differences between the release
> repository and our downloads page?
In the repository but not listed as a download are:
default-parent, java5-parent, parent, testsupport and web.

I guess that it is because there is nothing to download for (at least
some) of these. It may be that we have to release new levels of parent,
default-parent, java5-parent each time. In any case I can't see that it
would do any particular harm to do so. I can't see why web and
testsupport are there. If no-one knows I would leave them out :-)

Zoe