aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Version 0.3 in "parent" pom.xml?
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 15:52:00 GMT

On Sep 2, 2010, at 12:42 AM, zoe slattery wrote:

> Hi - yes - absolutely. I should have made this a bit clearer but I didn't fully understand
it at the start. Once the release artifacts have been created the branch is effectively a
dead end. What the maven release plugin does to it during the creation of the release makes
it unusable for any practical purpose.

I don't follow your reasoning here.  If we intended bug fix releases on these branches for
the components and had (for a development branch) correctly set the next branch version at
0.2.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT then I would expect that the svn tree would be all set up for development.
 Other than the version (which conflicts with trunk) and our intentions what makes these branches
unusable?

thanks
david jencks

> Zoƫ
>> I suspect that Zoe accepted the release plugin suggestion that the next version would
be 0.3-incubating.  This would be appropriate on trunk but when releasing on a branch like
this it's probably better to add another decimal, 0.2.1-incubating.  However I hope this branch
is a dead end and nothing other than 0.2-incubating is ever released from it so it shouldn't
make any practical difference.