aries-dev mailing list archives

From Holly Cummins <cummi...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: samples and .project, .classpath, .settings
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 16:50:23 GMT
> Having further investigated the problem is less widespread than
> subclipse led me to believe. I am about to remove the following
> .project/.classpath/.settings files

[...]

> D samples-sandbox/wordassociation-sample/wordassociation-api/.classpath
> D samples-sandbox/wordassociation-sample/wordassociation-api/.project
> D       samples-sandbox/wordassociation-sample/wordassociation-
> datasource/.classpath
> D       samples-sandbox/wordassociation-sample/wordassociation-
> datasource/.project
> D samples-sandbox/wordassociation-sample/wordassociation-jpa/.classpath
> D samples-sandbox/wordassociation-sample/wordassociation-jpa/.project
> D samples-sandbox/wordassociation-sample/wordassociation-web/.classpath
> D samples-sandbox/wordassociation-sample/wordassociation-web/.project
>  M      samples/blog/blog-assembly
> D       samples/blog/blog-assembly/.settings

Could we please keep the eclipse metadata for the wordassociation
projects? They're a bit different from the other samples, since the
eclipse projects themselves form the deliverable. If people try and make
the projects following the instructions and get it wrong, they can compare
the metadata to the 'master' metadata and see what they did wrong. They
can also point their eclipse at the existing projects and have something
ready to go for a demo. I'm not convinced that mvn eclipse:eclipse could
reproduce the metadata we have unless we hardcoded in a lot of overrides.

Holly

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.