aries-dev mailing list archives

From Alasdair Nottingham <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Bluerint] Injection of properties not conformant with java-beans
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 14:05:34 GMT
The spec also says:

This name refers to the set method on the constructed object as
specified in the design pattern for beans getters and setters, see [6]
Java Beans Specification.

As I recall the java.beans.Introspector requires a void return type so
I think the answer is no. However you could argue that we should
support JavaBeans spec more generally which would allow the bean
author to provide a BeanInfo that contains a PropertyDescriptor whose
write method had a return value. I just don't know if I agree with
this argument.

Alasdair

--
Alasdair Nottingham