aries-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark Nuttall <mnutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What about releasing something soon ?
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:27:12 GMT
Thank you!

On 6 December 2010 14:54, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems waiting until january should be ok.
>
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 15:50, Mark Nuttall <mnuttall@apache.org> wrote:
>> Guillaume,
>> Regardless of how we number our components, I am sure that we'll want
>> to publish an Aries release in January, post-graduation. Is a December
>> release of Karaf imperative, or would the  team be willing and able to
>> wait another month and pick up our January, post-graduation release?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Mark
>>
>> On 6 December 2010 11:33, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Whenever we talk about a release, we kinda assume a single version
>>> number, but I think we set up the build to release components
>>> independantly, in which case, each component can be moved to 1.0 as
>>> soon as it passes the CT.  The incubating flag is unrelated to that I
>>> think and we could release 1.0-incubating, and later do a 1.0.1 for
>>> example.
>>>
>>> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:08, Mark Nuttall <mnuttall@apache.org> wrote:
>>>> Fair point. I agree that we should number our releases 0.x until our
>>>> components pass the OSGi CTs.
>>>>
>>>> On that basis, our next release would be  "0.3-INCUBATING" in December
>>>> or "0.3" in January, depending on Guillaume and the Karaf team's
>>>> response.
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Mark
>>>>
>>>> On 6 December 2010 10:45, Alasdair Nottingham <not@apache.org> wrote:
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> I don't think we should do a 1.0 release of blueprint, JMX or other
>>>>> modules that implement an Enterprise OSGi test until we have them
>>>>> passing the OSGi CTs.
>>>>>
>>>>> Blueprint and JMX both have failures in the 0.2 release and I don't
>>>>> know if these issues have been addressed. I will try to run the CTs to
>>>>> see what the current situation is.
>>>>>
>>>>> Alasdair
>>>>>
>>>>> On 6 December 2010 09:35, Mark Nuttall <mnuttall@apache.org> wrote:
>>>>>> Hi Guillaume,
>>>>>> Given that Aries will be graduating mid December, I think we'd all
>>>>>> expect there to be a 1.0 release in January. Would the Karaf team
be
>>>>>> willing to wait a month for that instead?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>> Mark
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On 2 December 2010 22:54, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>>> We'd like to have a Karaf 2.2.0 release in December, but we depend
on
>>>>>>> Aries 0.3-SNAPSHOT.
>>>>>>> Any chance we could release something this month ?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>> Guillaume Nodet
>>>>>>> ------------------------
>>>>>>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>> ------------------------
>>>>>>> Open Source SOA
>>>>>>> http://fusesource.com
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Alasdair Nottingham
>>>>> not@apache.org
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>> Guillaume Nodet
>>> ------------------------
>>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>>> ------------------------
>>> Open Source SOA
>>> http://fusesource.com
>>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> ------------------------
> Open Source SOA
> http://fusesource.com
>

Mime
View raw message