aries-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What about releasing something soon ?
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 14:54:28 GMT
It seems waiting until january should be ok.

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 15:50, Mark Nuttall <mnuttall@apache.org> wrote:
> Guillaume,
> Regardless of how we number our components, I am sure that we'll want
> to publish an Aries release in January, post-graduation. Is a December
> release of Karaf imperative, or would the  team be willing and able to
> wait another month and pick up our January, post-graduation release?
>
> Many thanks,
> Mark
>
> On 6 December 2010 11:33, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Whenever we talk about a release, we kinda assume a single version
>> number, but I think we set up the build to release components
>> independantly, in which case, each component can be moved to 1.0 as
>> soon as it passes the CT.  The incubating flag is unrelated to that I
>> think and we could release 1.0-incubating, and later do a 1.0.1 for
>> example.
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:08, Mark Nuttall <mnuttall@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Fair point. I agree that we should number our releases 0.x until our
>>> components pass the OSGi CTs.
>>>
>>> On that basis, our next release would be  "0.3-INCUBATING" in December
>>> or "0.3" in January, depending on Guillaume and the Karaf team's
>>> response.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mark
>>>
>>> On 6 December 2010 10:45, Alasdair Nottingham <not@apache.org> wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I don't think we should do a 1.0 release of blueprint, JMX or other
>>>> modules that implement an Enterprise OSGi test until we have them
>>>> passing the OSGi CTs.
>>>>
>>>> Blueprint and JMX both have failures in the 0.2 release and I don't
>>>> know if these issues have been addressed. I will try to run the CTs to
>>>> see what the current situation is.
>>>>
>>>> Alasdair
>>>>
>>>> On 6 December 2010 09:35, Mark Nuttall <mnuttall@apache.org> wrote:
>>>>> Hi Guillaume,
>>>>> Given that Aries will be graduating mid December, I think we'd all
>>>>> expect there to be a 1.0 release in January. Would the Karaf team be
>>>>> willing to wait a month for that instead?
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>> Mark
>>>>>
>>>>> On 2 December 2010 22:54, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>> We'd like to have a Karaf 2.2.0 release in December, but we depend
on
>>>>>> Aries 0.3-SNAPSHOT.
>>>>>> Any chance we could release something this month ?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>> Guillaume Nodet
>>>>>> ------------------------
>>>>>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>>>>>> ------------------------
>>>>>> Open Source SOA
>>>>>> http://fusesource.com
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Alasdair Nottingham
>>>> not@apache.org
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Guillaume Nodet
>> ------------------------
>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>> ------------------------
>> Open Source SOA
>> http://fusesource.com
>>
>



-- 
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Mime
View raw message