aries-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark Nuttall <mnutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What about releasing something soon ?
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 14:50:10 GMT
Guillaume,
Regardless of how we number our components, I am sure that we'll want
to publish an Aries release in January, post-graduation. Is a December
release of Karaf imperative, or would the  team be willing and able to
wait another month and pick up our January, post-graduation release?

Many thanks,
Mark

On 6 December 2010 11:33, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whenever we talk about a release, we kinda assume a single version
> number, but I think we set up the build to release components
> independantly, in which case, each component can be moved to 1.0 as
> soon as it passes the CT.  The incubating flag is unrelated to that I
> think and we could release 1.0-incubating, and later do a 1.0.1 for
> example.
>
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:08, Mark Nuttall <mnuttall@apache.org> wrote:
>> Fair point. I agree that we should number our releases 0.x until our
>> components pass the OSGi CTs.
>>
>> On that basis, our next release would be  "0.3-INCUBATING" in December
>> or "0.3" in January, depending on Guillaume and the Karaf team's
>> response.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mark
>>
>> On 6 December 2010 10:45, Alasdair Nottingham <not@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I don't think we should do a 1.0 release of blueprint, JMX or other
>>> modules that implement an Enterprise OSGi test until we have them
>>> passing the OSGi CTs.
>>>
>>> Blueprint and JMX both have failures in the 0.2 release and I don't
>>> know if these issues have been addressed. I will try to run the CTs to
>>> see what the current situation is.
>>>
>>> Alasdair
>>>
>>> On 6 December 2010 09:35, Mark Nuttall <mnuttall@apache.org> wrote:
>>>> Hi Guillaume,
>>>> Given that Aries will be graduating mid December, I think we'd all
>>>> expect there to be a 1.0 release in January. Would the Karaf team be
>>>> willing to wait a month for that instead?
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Mark
>>>>
>>>> On 2 December 2010 22:54, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> We'd like to have a Karaf 2.2.0 release in December, but we depend on
>>>>> Aries 0.3-SNAPSHOT.
>>>>> Any chance we could release something this month ?
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>> Guillaume Nodet
>>>>> ------------------------
>>>>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>>>>> ------------------------
>>>>> Open Source SOA
>>>>> http://fusesource.com
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Alasdair Nottingham
>>> not@apache.org
>>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> ------------------------
> Open Source SOA
> http://fusesource.com
>

Mime
View raw message