aries-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hughes <hugh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bundles required to deploy .eba files
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 12:07:01 GMT
On 3 January 2011 10:51, Charles Moulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Happy New-Year 2011 and many thanks for the information. I have
> started to create a feature file to deploy those bundles on Apache
> Karaf OSGI container. What do you plan to do to align Aries
> Application with OSGI Service as you use a deprecated API ony
> supported by Equinox and not Felix ?
>
> Remark : Could you upgrade Aries Application to support Apache Felix
> FileInstall range of version from 2.x to 3.x as we use 3.1.0 on Apache
> Karaf ?

You could look at:

 mavenBundle("org.apache.aries.application",
"org.apache.aries.application.install" ),

it has a single class: EBAInstaller which extends the fileinstall
ArtifactInstaller. It's used in the Blog sample - you go to a built
samples/blog/blog-assembly/target which includes the fileinstall bundle and
start Aries in a framework. The load dir is created and you drop and EBA
into it. Fileinstall delegates to the EBAInstaller to install the bundles
from the EBA.

HTH,
Jeremy