aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Bundle versions in sample assemblies
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:09:06 GMT
IIUC your idea is to change the parent pom(s) so that the dependencies configured there are
configured with versions defined by properties rather than directly in the dependency/version
element.  Then there's no need to define these properties in samples.

I _think_ this would be OK.  One side effect IIUC is that if some project does redefine the
property value then that redefined version of the dependency will get used in that project.
 I think this might be an easier problem to avoid than the current duplicated information
problem you have run into.

not sure if this is any clearer than what you said :-)  anyway I think what you are proposing
ought to work.

thanks
david jencks