aries-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <timothyjw...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Compile time package visibility checking?
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 09:45:14 GMT

I have always wanted my maven projects to respect the package visibility of my maven bundle
projects.

+1

Tim Ward
-------------------
Apache Aries PMC member & Enterprise OSGi advocate
Enterprise OSGi in Action (http://www.manning.com/cummins)
-------------------

> From: david_jencks@yahoo.com
> Subject: Compile time package visibility checking?
> Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 11:14:19 -0800
> To: dev@aries.apache.org
>
> We've had some problems lately with stuff like packages no longer being exported and
this turning out to break other projects. I've been wondering what would make problems like
this more visible sooner and also wondering what could be done to make maven more osgi friendly.
 So, here's an idea that might or might not be workable or useful.

> The eclipse compiler lets you supply a classloader as the "parent" rather than the javac
requiring that you supply a classpath.  So what if there was a maven compiler configuration
that would supply a classloader to the eclipse compiler that worked with the maven dependencies
as bundles, i.e. was a bundle classloader for a more-or-less fake bundle that imports all
the exports of the maven dependency bundles?