aries-dev mailing list archives

From Alasdair Nottingham <...@apache.org>
Subject Roadmap for Apache Aries 1.0
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 12:17:08 GMT
Hi,

I would like to propose we come up with a road map for getting the bundles
in aries up to the 1.0.0 release. Some things I think we need to do are:

   1. Ensure we comply with relevant OSGi CTs
   2. Ensure we do semantic versioning
   3. Ensure we have a well defined API for extending and reusing blueprint
   such that our internals are not exposed and we can ensure we don't break
   CXF, XBeans-Blueprint, Karaf et al

Based on the discussions over the last few weeks I would like to suggest we
have a discussion about what is needed by extenders of blueprint. While
those working on CXF, XBeans-blueprint Karaf etc all know how they are
using blueprint that information is not known to the whole aries community
causing may issues. We can then move to having an API we can keep stable,
and internals we can break.

Thoughts?
Alasdair

--