aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Proposal: Create bundles for enterprise oriented Karaf Shell commands
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:19:04 GMT
Hi,

as part of my Apache Karaf Tutorial about database access I have written
some handy Karaf shell commands for databases.
They are described with screen dumps in my Tutorial
http://www.liquid-reality.de/x/LYBk .
The code is on github:
https://github.com/cschneider/Karaf-Tutorial/tree/master/db/command

Especially for embedded databases like derby and h2 I missed a simple
access to the database for a long time. So I think these commands could
be interesting for many developers.
As Aries is target at providing enterprise features for OSGi I thought
that might fit here. The only drawback I see is that obviously these
commands only work on Karaf not on other OSGi servers.

I am also planning to add a command set for jms that works in a similar way:

jms:select -> select ConnectionFactory to use
jms:create-dest -> create destination
jms:delete-dest -> delete destination
jms:list -> list destinations
jms:browse -> browse queue
jms:send -> send message
jms:move -> move a message from one dest to another
jms:listen -> Watch live messages

So what do you think?

Christian

--