aries-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Nuttall <mnutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Aries JNDI dependencies
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:56:09 GMT
Hi David,
We've started running into what are for us serious consequences of your
recent changes to JNDI. I'm sorry that it's taken us a few weeks to notice
this. When JNDI logged via the SLF4J API, we had a pluggable logging API
that allowed us to log to our product's standard infrastructure. In
removing SLF4J, your changes appear to have bound us
to org.osgi.service.log.LogService, which we do not want, removed important
logging capabilities, such as the ability to log against specific classes,
and made other unwanted bahevioural changes. This is a problematic
regression for us. Please can you revert JNDI to logging via the SLF4J API?
SLF4J has been the Apache Aries standard for logging since the "[DISCUSS]
Logging framework" thread in February 2010. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Mark