aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: CDI annotations in OSGi
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 20:31:45 GMT
You are right that reimplementing the whole CDI spec would be a lot of
work and perhaps be unnecessary code duplication. So extending OWB is
another way to solve the problem. I am pretty sure this will happen over
time. I will ask how the state is there.

On the other hand from the blueprint annotations module I see that there
is interest in adding annotations to blueprint and I also think that
makes sense. So the question is if CDI annotations could be used for
that instead of proprietary annotations. Do you think OWB could be
brought together with blueprint or would you just skip the whole
blueprint in that case?

Christian

Am 25.03.2012 22:12, schrieb David Jencks:
> I _really_ don't think you want to reimplement OWB.
>
> I think more annotations are the way to relate to osgi services.  I suspect a CDI construct
like an extension would be the way to go, CDI is designed to be pretty extensible.

--

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect