aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CDI annotations in OSGi
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:23:58 GMT
FYI - something like this has also been implemented in the Weld-OSGi
project: https://github.com/mathieuancelin/weld-osgi

Best regards,

David

On 29 March 2012 16:02, David Blevins <david.blevins@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2012, at 9:01 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> Getting OWB to work in a plain osgi environment should not be too hard.  I think
the CDI annotation model is a lot better in all ways than blueprint.

>> I think what's missing is the connection to OSGI services.  To be more than a self-contained
set of components with no relationship to anything outside the bundle you need a way to consume
osgi services from CDI components and expose CDI beans as services.  I haven't seen a proposal
on how to do this.

> A CDI Extension should be able to export all the services from OSGi into CDI.  The extension
could easily export too, if you wanted.

> Rick Hightower wrote a bi-directional CDI/Spring bridge using that technique.  Should
be illuminating for bridging OSGi and CDI:

>  http://rick-hightower.blogspot.com/2011/04/spring-meet-cdi-cdi-meet-spring.html
>

> -David
>

>> On Mar 25, 2012, at 3:13 AM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>>
>>> Found a newer thread.
>>> http://openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/OSGi-Work-td4223311.html
>>>
>>> Seems a lot has improved since the first thread I found. I will try to get this
running and report on what I have found. Perhaps Charles can also comment on this as he seems
to be one of the drivers behind the efforts on the openejb side. I am not sure if he watches
this list. I will also ask on the openejb list.

>>> Christian

the openejb bundle and you have to use an Activator.
that finds the trigger (META-INF/beans.xml) and initializes the bundle accordingly.
RCP bundles which is not good for a server deployment.