aries-dev mailing list archives

From Holly Cummins <holly.k.cumm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: proxy-api needs at least org.osgi.framework 1.6.0
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:11:02 GMT
I've raised ARIES-860 to cover the fix for this. My plan was to split
both proxy api and proxy impl bundles into two bundles, one with the
weaving dependency, and one without. However, I've just looked at the
proxy-api pom again, and the weaving packages are already marked as
optional imports. So I think the intention was definitely that the
proxy-api bundle should work with OSGi 4.2 frameworks, and all that's
missing for that to happen is the version range for the OSGi imports.
Unless you object, Jeremy, I think this fix would be simpler than a
major restructuring, and in line with the original intention of the
code. I'll add tests to make sure everything works both with 4.2 and
4.3 frameworks.

Holly