aries-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hughes <hugh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Aries util and blueprint.api 1.0.0 release candidates
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 16:51:25 GMT
The util modules look odd. trunk/util used to be a single module with
no sub-modules and produced a single bundle. This is the first time
we're trying to release util since it changed to a multi-bundle
project. It hasn't followed the pattern of the rest of Aries and so
since this is a 1.0 release I think we should get it right. e.g.
org.apache.aries.util-parent should be groupId org.apache.aries.util
artifactId util.

Blueprint has blueprint/blueprint-bundle which outputs a bundle with
symbolic name org.apache.aries.blueprint. blueprint-bundle pulls
together content from multiple other sibling modules. Also, the
blueprint bundle has:

<groupId>org.apache.aries.blueprint</groupId>
<artifactId>org.apache.aries.blueprint</artifactId>

So, I'm thinking we should have util/util-bundle with BSN
org.apache.aries.util and that can pull together content from util-42
as it does today. OK, it's a bit different to blueprint because
blueprint-bundle is *just* about pulling together content from other
sub-modules. Along with this set the groupId to be
org.apache.aries.util and the artifactId to the same (that's how we do
it in blueprint) ... I appreciate this is a change to the maven
groupId but the BSN does stay the same.

Another thing is the javadoc. It would be good to have a single
javadoc jar but the more I look at it, the more I think, this is just
a nit.

Jeremy