aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject SPI-Fly ready for inclusion in main Aries build?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 10:36:55 GMT
Hi all,

I think that the SPI-Fly subproject [1] is getting close to ready for
inclusion in the main Aries build. It is the Reference Implementation
of the OSGi Enterprise R5 'ServiceLoader Mediator' specification [2],
but supports more SPI-style APIs than just ServiceLoader.

I was thinking that it would be good to add it to the 'global' Aries
build as soon as 1.0 is released for org.apache.aries.util and
org.apache.aries.testsupport.unit as these are its 2 aries
dependencies.
Just thinking what else needs to be done for SPI-Fly
* Currently it uses asm 3.2 but IIRC we should update to 4.0 in order
to make it work with Java 7 - haven't tried this but that's what I
heard.
* The documentation at [1] needs to be updated to describe the spec
behaviour as well (currently it only lists the proprietary
configuration).
Anything else?

Cheers,

David