aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git SVN
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 14:03:50 GMT
Just curious - is anyone using this through the Github mirrors? I see
that most of the apache projects (including Aries) are mirrored on
github. It would be nice to use that infrastructure for doing commits
(pushes to the trunk), but I guess there's the issue of github vs
apache account IDs. Is there any solution to this?

Cheers,

David

On 12 October 2012 14:39, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2012, at 7:36 AM, John W Ross <jwross@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> To be clear, I'm not asking how to use Git SVN. I'm curious to know if
>> anyone else has used it with success in conjunction with Aries work, or if
>> this is frowned upon by the community because it's caused issues in the
>> past or something.
>
> Other than for releases (which you really  need a "real" svn checkout for the tag and
such to work), I think many of us are using the git-svn thing almost exclusively now.