aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Semantic versioning tool and updating packageinfos
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:03:28 GMT
Hi Holly,

On 26 November 2012 15:46, Holly Cummins <holly.k.cummins@googlemail.com>wrote:

> (b) Longer term, wouldn't it be great to get the tool integrated into the
> release plugin? I know we've discussed this before, so I'm mostly chipping
> in again with a "yes please, +1" :)

It would be great if we had a tool that could even fail a simple 'mvn
install' if someone didn't update the versions correctly, that way the
person changing the code would see it immediately rather than the poor soul
doing the release...

I heard through the grapevine that bnd/bndtools has something like this,
but I haven't actually seen it. As you say, I think this is unreleased, but
I heard that a release may be imminent. It would probably be worth checking
with Neil Bartlett where things stand.

Cheers,

David