aries-dev mailing list archives

From Holly Cummins <holly.k.cumm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Update Jira version
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 06:56:02 GMT

> I'm curious, but how should I (as a user) be able to map the local version
> I have (e.g. 1.0.1) to a numeric version (e.g. 7?). Will there be a mapping
> table? I'm not sure if this wont make it even more complicated from a user
> point of view?

Oh, sorry, that's not what I meant by a numeric version! I just meant 1.0.1 (say), rather
than blueprint-core-1.0.1 and blueprint-cm-1.0.1 and util-1.0.1 and proxy-impl-1.0.1 and so
on. While we do release by bundle, having every bundle we ever release in the version list
is going to become unscalable, IMO.

> Kind regards,
> Andreas
>

> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM, Holly Cummins <
> holly.k.cummins@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> My only concern is that we're rapidly going to have a scaling problem,
>> with the number of bundles we have. a while ago, I wondered about using
>> just a numeric version in the version list. in combination with the
>> component, this could roughly identify the version. It isn't as precise,
>> but since some bugs span bundles, that might be a benefit in at least some
>> cases.
>>
>> WDET?
>>
>> On 31 Jan 2013, at 12:49, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I saw that the Jira is not up to date around the versions: some releases
>> are missing, and current versions are not yet defined.
>>>
>>> If you don't have objection, I would update Jira to reflect the current
>> versions. It could be helpful for users to provide the versions affected by
>> a bug, and know in which releases the fix will be included.
>>>
>>> WDYT ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards