aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fw: Subsystems Release
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:40:35 GMT
Hi John,

On 20 March 2013 12:22, John W Ross <jwross@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I have a few questions regarding the Aries release process (
> http://aries.apache.org/development/releasingaries.html).
>
> (1) I presume we've already had the required discussion of the release and
> its contents? Does anyone object to the initial 1.0.0 release of
> Subsystems? The contents of the release would be everything in trunk.

It's been flagged a few times already on this list. I think as far back as
October or November last year. I didn't see any objections and there's
certainly no objection from me...

> (2) The instructions state "Make sure that there is a JIRA version that
> matches the name of the release, if not, create one." I don't understand
> what this means.

I guess that this is to make sure that people can file bugs against it.
While there isn't a "subsystems-1.0" jira version, there is a simple "1.0".
I don't know but to me it looks like that would be enough otherwise if
you'd have specific versions for every component the number of versions in
JIRA would explode pretty soon...

> (3) Where does the maven-versioning plugin come into play? How do I insure
> the subsystems project is correctly configured to use it?

I thought that this would come into play *after* the first release, so it
would not be applicable this time if I'm not mistaken...

Just my 2c,

David