aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Aries website outdated pages
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 11:24:33 GMT
On 28 May 2013 14:43, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> On May 27, 2013, at 10:18 AM, David Bosschaert <david.bosschaert@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Downloads
> > * This page was last updated for the 1.0.0 release train and I wonder
> > whether we need it. All this info is available in Maven Central, can we
> not
> > simply remove it?
> > * Release notes. Since we are now supporting modular releases, do central
> > release notes make sense? I would simply remove this page.
> > * Archived releases - again, can we simply leverage Maven central for
> this?
>
> No for 1 and 3.  Per Apache policy, the releases must be downloadable from
> the Apache mirror network and old releases available from
> archive.apache.org/dist.

I didn't hear any objections to the other suggestions I made. If nobody
shouts soon I'll make the changes I outlined in my original email (pasted
below for reference) with the exception of the items pointed out by Dan
above.

Again - we can always add any of these pages back later if we want. I just
want to get rid of as much stuff that is blatantly out of date...

Cheers,

David

----