aries-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Charters <gchart...@gmail.com>
Subject Start-order impl flawed for esa-maven-plugin
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 15:48:56 GMT
The esa-maven-plugin purports to enable start-order to be determined by pom
dependency order:

*By default, the Subsystem runtime can start content bundles in any order.
The OSGi start level service is not applicable to subsystems. You can
therefore specify the start order of the bundles based on the order in
which they're expressed as dependencies in the maven pom using the
following:*

*<configuration>
  <startOrder>dependencies</startOrder></configuration>*

Unfortunately, the MavenProject.getArtifactDependencies call that this
uses returns a Set and therefore there are no dependency order
guarantees.  I think we either need a way to specify an order element
as part of a pom dependency or a way to get an ordered list of the
dependencies, but I'm not aware of either of these facilities being
available to maven plugins.  If nobody has any suggestions, then I'll
need to pull this support for the existing esa-maven-plugin. :(

Regards, Graham.