aries-dev mailing list archives

From Giuseppe Gerla <giuseppe.ge...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrade to JPA 2.1
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 08:23:20 GMT
Dear all
I started the upgrade to version 2.1 of Aries JPA.
About this topic I found 2 on Jira issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1134

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1047

In both there are partial commit and in 1134 there is a comment of Timothy
Ward that explains some activities that should be done.
I have developed the following steps:

1. I changed the dependency in pom from:

        <dependency>
            <artifactId>geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec</artifactId>
            <version>1.1</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

       <dependency>
            <artifactId>geronimo-jpa_2.1_spec</artifactId>
            <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

I'm waiting the official release to remove the "SNAPSHOT"

2. I implemented all new methods defined by new interfaces

3. I updated all persistence.xml from version 1.0 to 2.0

4. I modified some test to adapt them to new version

Now all test (based on JPA 2.2.2 so JPA 2.0) runs with success.

I have some question:
1. From my point of view, as there is compatibility with version 1.0 of the
JPA tests should be duplicated to test both the 1.0 and the 2.0. In
addition, specific tests should be added to the 2.1. Is this correct? Do
you want to maintain backward compatibility with the 1.0?

2. How can you define other tasks and assign them to develop?

3. To commit code that I made I have to create a brench?

Thanks
Regards
Giuseppe