aries-dev mailing list archives

From John W Ross <jwr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Running Subsystems without Blueprint?
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:06:38 GMT

Hi Carsten,

I'm not sure what you're suggesting. My understanding was you wanted to do
some stuff to remove the dependency on Aries Blueprint. My response was
that this should have already been done by the referenced defect. Removing
Aries Blueprint, however it's done, will result in the loss of service
dependency validation. The only way around that in the pre-R6
implementation would be to provide a non-aries-blueprint-based
implementation of the ModelledResourceManager. Is that the work you're
volunteering to do?

John

> Re: Running Subsystems without Blueprint?
>
> Thanks for the pointer John, I didn't know that (was only using released
> stuff).
>
> However :) it seems that without Blueprint the features are rather
limited
> and of course everyone wants all features - so I think this still makes
> sense. Or are there any downsides especially given the fact that someone
(=
> me) is volunteering to do the work?
>
> Regards
> Carsten
>

> 2014/1/17 John W Ross <jwross@us.ibm.com>
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > The dependency has already been broken in trunk [1]. Is that not
> > sufficient? Also, beware the service dependency limitations this
introduces
> > as discussed in the referenced defect. These will, of course, be
mitigated
> > somewhat in OSGi RFC 201 for R6 with support for the osgi.service
namespace
> > in Require/Provide-Capability.
> >
> > John
> >
> > [1]
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-952?

focusedCommentId=13703354&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-

> tabpanel#comment-13703354
> >

> > > Running Subsystems without Blueprint?
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > we would like to run the subsystems implementation without Blueprint.
> > It's
> > > not a matter whether Blueprint is good or not and I don't want to
start a
> > > thread about that :). The main reason are a) we want to have
Subsystems