aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Aries Jenkins flakyness
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 15:49:31 GMT
Hi all,

I've been wondering for a while about the state of Aries Jenkins runs.
As far as I can see they are always failing for reasons that don't
have anything to do with any recent changes.

1. I'm seeing an NPE in hudson:
ERROR: Publisher hudson.tasks.test.AggregatedTestResultPublisher
aborted due to exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at hudson.tasks.test.AggregatedTestResultPublisher$TestResultAction.getProject(AggregatedTestResultPublisher.java:173)
        at hudson.tasks.test.AggregatedTestResultPublisher$TestResultAction.<init>(AggregatedTestResultPublisher.java:146)
        at hudson.tasks.test.AggregatedTestResultPublisher$TestResultAction.<init>(AggregatedTestResultPublisher.java:135)
        at hudson.tasks.test.AggregatedTestResultPublisher.perform(AggregatedTestResultPublisher.java:90)
        at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$1.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:20)
        at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.perform(AbstractBuild.java:785)
        at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:757)
        at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild$MavenModuleSetBuildExecution.post2(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:1030)
        at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.post(AbstractBuild.java:706)
        at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1703)
        at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild.run(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:519)
        at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
        at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:231)

2. I'm also sometimes seeing some blueprint-related issues (e.g. in
ASMMultiBundleTest):
java.lang.RuntimeException: Gave up waiting for service
(&(objectClass=org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainer)(osgi.blueprint.container.symbolicname=org.apache.aries.blueprint.testbundleb))
at org.apache.aries.itest.RichBundleContext.getService(RichBundleContext.java:88)
at org.apache.aries.itest.RichBundleContext.getService(RichBundleContext.java:63)
at org.apache.aries.blueprint.itests.Helper.getBlueprintContainerForBundle(Helper.java:45)
at org.apache.aries.blueprint.itests.ASMMultiBundleTest.multiBundleTest(ASMMultiBundleTest.java:110)

Anyone an idea on how we can get Jenkins to be useful again?
1. seems to be an internal exception in Hudson/Jenkins?
2. might have something to do with the available resources on the machine?
anyway, these are just guesses from my side, but I think it would be
valuable to get Jenkins back on track because right now it's less than
useful IMHO...

Cheers,

David