aries-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@apache.org
Subject Re: Accepting pull requests for Aries from Github
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 08:35:05 GMT
That's great - but I'm wondering how this works from an IP-flow point of view.
I guess that by attaching a patch to a JIRA issue one formally donates
the code to Apache.

But by merging a github pull request you take a few commits from
someone's own fork and add this to the main repo. I guess you could
view the creation of the pull request itself as a statement by the
committer that (s)he wants to donate this code?

Anyway - do you know of a formal document somewhere where interaction
with github (or other code repos) is defined?

Cheers,

David