aries-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: versioning plugin release for Maven 3.1+
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 20:24:01 GMT

Ok.  I’ve update the plugin to work with 3.0.x as well as 3.1 and 3.2 by just using the
Maven API’s instead of using Aether directly.

I also flipped it to using the Maven plugin annotations instead of the javadoc type things.
  Possibly a bit cleaner.

Anyway, any objections now to getting it released?     If not, I’ll start the 0.2 release
on Monday.   (actually, should we just call it 1.0?)

Dan

On May 12, 2014, at 3:14 PM, David Bosschaert <david.bosschaert@gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW - I still do most of my work on Maven 3.0.5 as some of the
> projects I work on don't work with 3.1. They might work with 3.2 but I
> haven't tried that yet.
>
> One other thing to mention is that an extension is being proposed to
> the maven-bundle-plugin that supports semantic versioning. That
> implementation is using the bnd baselining under the hood, which
> supports semantic versioning a little better than the Aries versioning
> plugin AFAIK...
> See here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-4512
>
> Best regards,
>
> David
>
> On 12 May 2014 20:59, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> I just updated the versioning plugin to use the org.eclipse version of Aether.
This allows it to work with Maven 3.1+, but means it won’t work with Maven 3.0.x.   We could
do a lot more work to get it working for both, but I’m not sure it’s worth it.

>> Would folks be OK with me doing a release of the plugin for Maven 3.1+ and start
updating the various poms to use that version?   I hate having to drop to the older Maven
just for Aries.

>> --
>> Daniel Kulp

Daniel Kulp